Sunday, April 02, 2006

Army Commercials confuse me

Ah, the blog. It's good to be back. It's time to get down to buisness.

Ok, so I've seen this commercial for the army about 3,000 times and I'm sure you've all seen it as well. The scene is set with a bunch of terrorists undoubtedly planning something devious, such as ending the world supply of twinkies or blowing up a country. Then we zoom to a camera a 100 yards away from the terrorists, camoflauged with an army dude behind it. Everything is all fine and heroic. Then, the voice-over comes in.

"You've been assigned to spy on the enemy in the desert. You have been given 9 days of food supplies. (Dramatic zoom in) It's day 12 of the job. ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE? Then quit your life and join the army today!" Just kidding about that last sentence.

While I was watching this, I was very confused. First of all, you're trapped in the desert with a bunch of terrorists. That doesn't seem so awesome to me. I personally would prefer to be as far away from them as possible, thank you very much. But then the real kicker comes in: apparently you're STARVING out in the desert with a bunch of terrorists. How fun is that?

Somehow, this really does not make me want to join the army. Starving in the desert close to potential ers isn't my opinion of an optimal job oppertunity, but maybe that's just me. The funniest thing about this whole thing is that if someone did this with any other product/job advertised on TV, no one would ever consider it. I can just see it now..."Buy the new Dove Soap: Dove Delux! It's got sharp edges and could poentially kill you if you get it in your eyes! Buy Dove Now" or "Come down to McDonalds to work! You will work in the danger of getting burned and possibly even assulted by customers! You may even starve! Come join the adventure!"

It's not that I have anything against people in the army, anyone who is in the army is alot braver than me, I can tell you that. I have alot of respect for the military. But anyone who watches that commerical and stands up and says "Pack my bags ma, I'm goin' to Iraq!" just is beyond me. Someone needs to wake up whoever is asleep on the job over at the army advertising company.

Well, that's all I have to say. You stay classy, Wyoming!
KYLE

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat are "ers" and "ists"

5:52 PM  
Blogger kyle said...

that would be my computer blocking every world on the planet...
But they are supposed to say
Terorists

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home